This Environmental Sustainability Policy formalises our commitment to supporting the principles of environmental sustainability and recognises that a sustainable environment is central to our lives and our work.
The aim of our Environmental Sustainability Policy is to:
- implement environmental actions within the company
- monitor the environmental actions and improvements internally
- communicate environmental initiatives internally and externally
- reduce our impact on the natural environment
Biscuiterie Seghers – Euro Pâtisserie respects our relationship with the natural environment and its ecosystems. We acknowledge the adverse impacts that human activity can impose and take actions to prevent degradation of those natural systems. For us sustainability means considering the full impact we have; both positive and negative throughout the value chain, in terms of the environment, social responsibility and governance.
Biscuiterie Seghers – Euro Pâtisserie commits to the following principles and practices:
- Monitoring and managing our environmental performance and working towards targets set to reduce adverse impacts.
- Complying with relevant Belgium, Dutch and European environmental policies, practices, regulations and legislation, and industry-specific legislation.
- Reducing the consumption of natural resources in daily operations, including water, paper and energy. We have set a % target for the reduction.
- We aim to minimize the use of toxic materials hazardous to the environment, employees and public health and to reduce the environmental impact of our business, across all our operations.
- Maximising the recycling of resources.
- Reduce packaging and other waste and disposing of waste appropriately. A yearly waste reduction KPI has been set.
- Committing to the principles of preventing pollution to the environment and continual improvement.
- Minimising pollution by taking steps to limit carbon emissions resulting from vehicle travel.
- Where possible, encouraging suppliers to meet high standards of environmental performance.
- Communicating this policy to all employees, contractors, as well as making this policy available to the general public.
- Reporting on the company’s environmental performance in both internal and external communications, where relevant.